- Gold Award (2nd Place) – 2011 Professional Remodeler-Best of The Best Design Awards – Whole House Remodel category
- Project Location
- Pasadena Golf Club Estates, St. Petersburg, FL
- General Contractor
- Bayside Building Construction, Inc.
- Year Built
- Year Remodeled
- Existing Living Sq. Ft.
- New Sq. Ft.
- Flood Zone
- FEMA Compliant
The intent of the redesign of the project residence was to rehabilitate an aging home originally constructed in the 1960 along with a 2nd floor addition constructed in the 1980’s into a Tuscan style / old world residence. The owners purchased the property with the sole purpose to modernize the waterfront home as their primary residence.
The purchased residence was a 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom residence with Master Bedroom suite on the 2nd floor (1980 addition) and the remaining bedrooms on the 1st floor. As part of the second floor 1980’s addition, a flat roof family room was also constructed on the rear of the residence. This in turn created an interior 'L' shaped load bearing wall condition from the original exterior masonry wall. On the inside of this 'L' shaped wall was the original galley kitchen and family room.
The major issues in the re-design were to accomplish the following:
- A large open Kitchen with island by removing the awkward ‘L’ shaped load bearing wall
- A first floor Master Bedroom Suite
- Three bedrooms and two baths on the second floor
- A new defined entry to the residence
- An outdoor kitchen and covered lanai for entertaining